Initial Sit n’ Shake:
- A first time meeting with client and pet in the home where services will be rendered. Pets will be assessed on temperament, behavior and owner’s notes prior to committing to the care of a pet. Assessing the pets is an important step and one we take seriously as their comfort and happiness is our top priority.
- For in-home care, please provide a key/code at the time of this meeting.
- When scheduling a Sit n’ Shake or boarding drop off and pick up time, punctuality is imperative. Appointments are often scheduled back to back. We also coordinate our time with clients around our charges’ schedules. If a client is more than 15 minutes late, rescheduling will likely be necessary.
- Dogs may be dropped off for boarding as early as 7 AM Sunday through Saturday and may be picked up as late as 7 PM. Exceptions may not be made. A scheduled time will need to be agreed upon prior to the start of a reservation.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- Every attempt will always be made to get to your pet as scheduled. If safe passage cannot be made, a Plan B should always be in place. A neighbor should be armed with access to your home and care instructions for your pet and be on call should they be needed. Home owners should clear driveways and walkways of snow and ice when possible. Please alert DAP if passage to your home is jeopardized.
- For boarded pets, extended care is not typically an issue in case. Please stay in communication as travel arrangements develop.
- An additional $25 fee will be incurred on all services rendered on federal holidays.
- Dogs may not arrive or depart for boarding services on a federal holiday.
- A key or code to your home will be collected at time of the Sit n’ Shake meeting. Keys and codes are securely and discreetly filed with no identifying information. DAP staff will not duplicate keys.
- DAP accepts cash, checks and all major credit cards. A $35 fee will be charged for returned checks. A late payment fee of $20 will be charged for all late payments. A returned check results in a late payment, therefore, a late payment fee will be charged in addition to the returned check fee. A 3% processing fee will be added to payments made by credit card.
Pet Owner Responsibility:
- Dogs and cats must be current on rabies vaccination and a copy of rabies certificate must be provided to D-A-P. Easy indoor and outdoor access to pet(s) is required. DAP must be alerted if pet(s) has experienced any illness between visits. Pet food and medications to be administered must be easily accessible with specific instructions. When in doubt, communicate!